Saturday 4 February 2012

Interview with Kim Dahlen, the author of "The Prophet"


Author K.J. Dahlen has written many mystery/thriller books.  Recently, I read a thriller called "The Prophet", as part of the Ever After PR book tour.  The book was so amazing, and un-putdownable.  Her story-telling abilities made the book, a success.

See the review of The Prophet here.

Today, we have Kim Dahlen with us and she has kindly provided us an interview.  Here it is, for the readers:

Interview with KJ Dahlen

Is there an inspiration behind why you chose writing? Please share with us..
I love to read and most of what I read was romance until one day I decided all the romance stories I was reading were all the same. I wanted to try and do something a little different. I knew it would be a challenge but I thought I could do it. Well, I found I sucked at romance but found I could do a decent job at suspense. The more I write the better my writing becomes.

How did you come up with this title?  Did you have any other titles in your mind for the book?
This book was always going to be the first of three books or a Trilogy- The New Brotherhood Trilogy. The first part tells the story of The Prophet, the second part tells the story of The Covenant and the third part deals with the Brotherhood being Reborn.

Where do you write your novel? Is it a messy desk or a great garden or a coffeeshop? 
I sit in my living room with a laptop. I tried using my office but I felt shut off from my family. Up until last year I did daycare in my home and while the kids played around me I would write. I have the TV for sound and a small table I can pull up close to me while I type away.

What are your current literary works?  Any sneak peaks?
Right now I am currently waiting for edits on the next book to come out, Fall from Grace. This one is a little different as it deals with a threat on the White House. This comes out in March from one of four publishers I have, BCP

Fall from Grace clip:
When a threat against America comes to the surface, retired Homeland Security agent Lincoln Hawks is brought back to help put down the threat. He finds the group he's after is the same group that murdered his wife and daughter five years ago. Can Lincoln stop The Ghost Crew before they destroy America?


Then I have another one coming out in April from Rogue Phoenix Press titled, The House on Berkley Street


When Jillian is asked to find the truth in a forty year old tragedy that wiped out almost her entire family, someone in the town of White Oak, Texas doesn’t want the truth told. Can they stop her before she finds out what they have kept hidden for forty years?

I’ve had two more books accepted but I don’t yet know when they will be released.

Cards of Sin will be published by Solstice
When Reporter Cheyenne Gentry gets an Instant Message she tries to ignore it, but the sender wants her to know he murdered someone tonight. Cheyenne thinks it’s a hoax but finds out it’s not. She finds out for herself. Then the killer tells her he wants her to write his story.  Cheyenne wants nothing to do with the story or the killer but the killer won’t let her refuse his request. Will he let her live long enough to find him or will she become another chapter to his story?

And

Blood Memories will be published by Rogue Phoenix Press
When an accident turns out to be murder Savannah must solve a double murder that happened over twenty years ago to find the truth. She was the only witness to her parent’s murder and now their killer is after her. She puts her trust into a man her aunt has known and all these years but evidence soon points to him being involved with the man she thinks killed her parents. Will she prove him innocent or fall prey to his intent? Her life and over two million dollars in diamonds is at stake.

What was the hardest part about writing 'The Prophet'?
I don’t know how to type so I tend to type slowly. I wish I could type faster. The Prophet came together in my mind almost like a movie, playing out scene by scene and when I thought I was done with it I found myself moving on to the second half of the book.

If you had the opportunity to collaborate with another author, who would be your pick?
That’s a hard question, there are so many good authors out there. I don’t know if I could pick just one.

Did you do researches while writing this series?
I did some research but not a lot. All my books are fiction  and I’m told I have a vivid imagination. Mostly I research places so I know the areas I write about.

If you are given a second chance at your book, will you change anything in it?
Not really, I like the way it turned out.

One funny little secret about you, for your readers? :)
I try to put a little of myself in all my books but my readers don’t know about it.

Quick Answers

Favorite place?
My home, I’ve tried to make my home my haven.

Favorite pastime?
I love to read anything that strikes my interest

Favorite character from your book?
Rheta, she has a strength not many can see but it’s there all the same.

Favorite genre?
Suspense, I love the sitting on the edge of your seat kind of books

Favorite writing spot?
My living room

Favorite movie?
National Treasure

Favorite dish?
Chicken Catchatori

Favorite color?
Blue

Favorite quote?
“Has he asked you to convert yet?”  That’s the single phrase I wrote this story around.

Your best trait?
My imagination- it has no bounds

Your worst trait?
I get so many books going at one time I can’t decide which one to do first!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...