Tuesday 26 November 2013

Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For! (Traditional Style)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the girls at "The Broke and the Bookish".


Today, we are going to see the top 10  Things I Am Thankful For!  (Traditional Style)  

  1. My family, of course.

I could not have been the best daughter to my parents.  But, my parents are the best.   They gave the best in everything to me, even if it is beyond their own dreams.  Love you, Mom and Dad!  I am sorry for so many things and I know I had hurt you to get what I wanted (I know I can be adamant if wanted).  But, I still love you and will, always!  And do you know that my mom makes the best biryani in all the world (okay, I have tasted all in the world, but it's reallllllllllllly good)? 


My brother - well, in my eyes, my brother has been a cute kid to me, my first and best friend, the most supporting brother and now, I started to adore him at times.  We never fight..for anything. And that's mainly because when I want something, he will give it for me readily, although he is 6 years younger than me and I should have been the one to be more caring, forgiving and more ready to give up things for him.  Yeah, I think I have been his best friend too.  I think he loves me too, as much as I love him.

And well, if you have been following my blog, most of you should know that my husband is another biggest thing that I am thankful for.  So, not going to go inside details.

God, thanks for giving all these persons in my life.  Yeah, I have been scared at so many times.  But, thanks for being there for me.

  1. My friends

Consider it to be my school, college, office or blogging friends.  Yeah, we had our differences and fights, but what relationship doesn't. 

I don't have many friends from bookish world, mainly because I am in India and the timings are a big pain.  But, recently I got to know Pandora from Peace from Pieces (also the owner of Orangeberry Book Tours) and it's nice to chat with someone who lives so distant from me and the person whom you have never met in person and still trust them.  I seriously need to go out of my timeline issues and be more social (maybe this will make my 2014 bookish goals?)

  1. Technology

Well, you know the reasons.  Without it, I am done. 

  1. My Kindle

Well, yes, this may as well be my third hand.  Because of Kindle, my buddy (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't know how much book I am having and they can't tease about it (not that I care).   And yes, the main reason: I can carry thousand books everywhere.

  1. Authors and Publishers

I will name everyone of them if you want, but that may take a separate week of posts (nice idea?  I will think about it).  But, you know they are the one who makes my every day more adventure-filled, fun-filled, tear-filled….

  1. Books

Yes, books..well, they are magic.  And you all know we can't live without it.  You know, I am listening to HP audio version….again...for the umpteenth time...and they still amaze me.

  1. The company I am working in

This is not because they pay my bills, but that's where I met the love of my life, who is now my husband.  I am extremely thankful for this.

  1. The happiness of my home and the comfort of my bed

I just love love love my home (although you would come and see that it's a complete mess with no order) and my bed (where I read at night and until morning).

  1. My own laptop and my husband's PC

I recently bought my own laptop and we both already have a PC at home.  They are both very fast and I love them both.  I made my laptop as personalized as possible and I am still doing more changes in it.  I told you I love technology.

  1. Well, yes, you!  The readers and the book blogging community.

When I first started this blog, I was afraid because I am not a social person and I don't like to go out and speak to persons I am not familiar with.  Many of you have helped me over these two years and I am extremely grateful for those times.  And readers' support is what will keep you motivated.  And although I am guilty many times for the real time situations taking priority over my blogging, you are still there when I come again.  And thanks of that.


What are you thankful for?  Share with me...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful list! You have much to be grateful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing list! I forgot to include my family/dogs on my list because I was too busy fangirling over a certain TV show that I'm thankful for and now I feel silly!

    OUR TTT

    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...