Thursday 15 May 2014

Feature & Follow #37: Have you ever met an author?

RULES
  • To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



Question:

Have you met a favorite author and have a picture? Share..


Answer:

NOOOOOO..  That's total crap being a book blogger and to the one, who spends every free time reading.  But, being in India has its own issues.  Most of my favorite authors are from other countries.  So, that's a favor that is neglected to me.  I have met some of the Indian authors, but I never talked to them.  It's always in some gatherings where they come and go invisible, once their speech is over.

So, yes, the answer is NO.  What about you?  Any luck in meeting your favorite authors?


Follow me and comment below, so that I can follow you back!  Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend to everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, I totally understand.. I too am from India but now I am going to remedy that and meet my fav Indian authors by participating in meets and all.. :)

    New Bloglovin follower..

    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Nikita! That's cool. It's really awesome to know another book blogger from same country.

      Delete
  2. I haven't met any authors either, but I hope that I'll be able to meet some soon! :D Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC
    Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is location location location! I finally started making the 1 1/2 hour drive to the nearby big city for author signings. There are lots there but I just hate the drive and looking for parking but now I've met some great ones!

    Old GFC & Facebook follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's sooo cool! Wish I had authors like that too..I am ready to make the drive.. :)

      Delete
  4. new blog follower, with bloglovin, i also live in a part of the country that doesn't have a lot of bookish things,. So it's not just in India. I have to travel to a whole other state just to meet authors

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't met any authors either :-( . . but I hope to!
    New Follower
    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one! And then I lost the picture. :( New Bloglovin follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never met any authors either. New follower on bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only met one as we don't get a huge amount of signings in my area..... or few that I actually hear about anyway. I'm hoping to catch a few more now I'm concentrating more on books now than I was before.

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only author I met I went to college with.
    I'm a new follower on Bloglovin'.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same for me, most of my favourite authors are America/Canadian, and I'm in Ireland. Maybe one day it'll happen for us! New bloglovin follower :)

    My F&FF
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in the U.S., but I haven't met any authors.
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...