Thursday 22 May 2014

Feature & Follow #38: Have you ever convinced someone to read a book?

RULES
  • To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



Question:

Have you ever convinced someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? Did they like it?


Answer:

Well, yes.  I do that a lot.  Forcing someone to read a book is what I do, when I meet someone or when I am thinking of something to talk.  So, that happens a lot.

Especially, my close friend reads only thrillers and non-fictional books.  I wanted her to try dystopia and she simply refused.  So, when the time came, I gifted "The Hunger Games" series.  Now, she has to read it.  I know that's cruel.  But, she called me and informed that she loved it and thanked me for introducing her to a new genre.

And well, this is an example.  This actually happens a lot.  And being around non-reader friends has one advantage - pestering them to read! :-)


Follow me and comment below, so that I can follow you back!  Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend to everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I was never a huge fan of dystopian novels either until I read The Hunger Games. It opened a whole new genre for me. Love your blog and the header is beautiful. New follower via bloglovin'

    Heather @ YA Fantasy Book Junkie  

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love it. I might have to start pestering my non-reader friends.
    Hi there, I'm a new bloglovin follower.
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Hunger Games is perfect for someone who likes thrillers. Glad she liked it.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our book club encourages reading just about EVERYTHING! We vote on monthly group reads to discuss. Sometimes we hate 'em; sometimes we love 'em. The most important thing is to have fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games is a great series! Most of my friends are actually readers, and sometimes they'll even be the ones pestering me to read stuff, haha! Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC
    Dyane @ Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hunger Games is good gateway lit. Suck people right into the whole genre of fun behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried getting everyone I know into the Hunger Games, but it didn't work. *tear*

    New follower via GFC! My FF @ A Novel Idea by Chrissy T

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games was the reason why I started reading more dystopian novels. It really is a great book!

    New follower here!

    Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hunger Games was my first Dystopian novel.
    Already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a good friend.
    I am an existing follower on Bloglovin'
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also picked The Hunger Games this week! I recommended it to so many friends and they all liked it. I tried to get my brother to read it because he only reads non-fiction but her refused even after coming to the movies with me and liking them!

    Happy FF! New GFC and Twitter Follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got the Hunger Games for the kids, but none of them have read it yet :(
    I thought I might want to read it, but then I heard it was in present tense and changed my mind. It's a crazy pet-peeve of mine.
    I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Sorry. I had to take the button off because the image was huge.

      Delete
  14. My housemates now love the Hunger Games but that is because of the movies, rather than me! I try not to pester people too much about books (at which I fail) because a big part of enjoying a book is wanting to pick it up as well. But then some people have to be made to see how perfect some books are!
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday Memes
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...