Thursday 25 October 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #27

RULES
  • To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



Question:

What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.

Answer:

I don't like long morals at the end of the novels.  Those should be implied as part of the story, not told as long dialogues at the end.

Also, some characters introduced in the middle of the novel, which will contradict some part of the earlier story - like some teacher/brother immediately appearing to help at the end, who was never mentioned before..I don't like it.

So, what is your answer?

Follow me and comment below, so that I can follow you back!  Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend to everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I agree that major moral statements can ruin a book - like Little Women.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. I agree that the sudden character introductions can change it. And everything. New follower via GFC~

    - Cindy
    http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't run into many moral long moral statements. It would turn me off for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! Sudden character introductions really get annoying and it's hard to keep track of everyone. :)

    New follower here! :)

    My Feature & Follow Friday

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, at times it gets really confusing!
    new Follower,
    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read one with a moral at the end in a long dialogue :o But it's also irritating when a moral is pushed on the reader, rather than subtly placed in the text.
    Rinn (My FF)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read many books with a moral at the end in a long dialogue but I definitely agree that it can irritating. New follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. New to F&F and new Follower of you via GFC :)
    My F&F: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your answer - different from the so many oft repeated ones!
    The entry of new character is just very convenient, I don't like it either.
    Old follower
    My post - F&F: Lit Tropes
    Addie @ READioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, just hopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-follow_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting aspect for the question. I've never really thought about that. But now I know what you mean!

    New Follower... Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've come across that, but that would annoy me too.


    New follower via GFC.

    My FF

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like changing POVs that get me confused. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...