Saturday 28 January 2012

Guest Post: 'Why I Love Writing?' By David Estes, author of Evolution series


Although I have a full time 9-5 job, I manage to sneak in at least 2 hours of writing each and every day, and they are 2 of my favorite hours (besides TV time with my beautiful wife, Adele--Yes, we never miss our favorite shows like the Mentalist and Merlin!).  At about noon, my friends at work know it's time for me to head down to my favorite cafe, GGs, and work on my newest book.  By the end of the hour, I am usually lost in a fictional world of my own invention, creating colorful (and often bizarre or even scary) characters, who make me laugh (yes, I get a chuckle from my own writing at times), sweat (during the suspenseful parts), and occasionally even cry (there's a scene near the end of Archangel Evolution that made me tear up as I was writing it and reading it back to myself).

You are probably wondering what any of that has to do with the title of this blog--why I love writing.  I am getting to that, I promise.  You see, I love writing because I love reading even more.  When I can escape into a magical world of fantastical people and creatures, I just feel happy.  It's the same with writing.  Creating worlds full of characters that entertain, excite, or delight my readers makes me incredibly happy and I get immense satisfaction from it.

All it takes is one reader to enjoy something I have written to make all the hours writing, revising, formatting, rewriting, editing some more, working with cover artists, and editing, editing, editing completely worth it.  I have received a many positive comments and reviews in the months since publishing the Evolution Trilogy, and each and every one of them has filled my heart with joy.  For me, that is enough.  That's what it's all about.  And that is why I love writing :)  I look forward to continuing to connect with my readers in any way that I can.  Keep on reading!  I know I will ;)

- David

To see my review of The Angel Evolution, visit here

Author Online: Blog | Facebook | Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hopping over to Saving and Sharing It and following me. I am now following you back. I love reading books but sometimes just don't have the time to sit down and read. I always love to read the reviews though. Then I know if I really want to take the time to read a particular book.

    Katie
    http://www.savingandsharingit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...