Original Title: When The Heart Falls
Author: Kimberly Lewis
Published Date: November 10th 2011
Genre: Contemporary Romance
When Misty Prescott moved back home to her parent’s ranch after catching her husband cheating on her, she couldn’t have possibly known that she’d fall for not one, but two cowboys at the same time. Nor could she have known that getting involved with both men would bring unwelcome excitement, turning her already messed up world completely upside down. As Misty’s relationship with Vance Kinney begins, she can’t help but develop an intense attraction to her best friend’s older brother, Dylan McCoy. But just as Misty makes her choice, she indirectly becomes the target of one horrific event after another. Now, Misty must fight the very obstacles that threaten to tear her apart from the man she loves, and survive the danger lurking around every corner that threatens their very lives.
AUTHOR TOP 10
Author Top 10 is a feature from Books Are Magic, where authors speak about their favorite lists from many topics.
Today, we have Kimberly Lewis as the guest to speak about her favorite books.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
In November of 2011, author Kimberly Lewis stepped into the writing world with her first original contemporary romance novel When the Heart Falls. Born and raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, this country girl at heart caught the creative bug at an early age, doing everything from drawing to writing short stories. After the birth of her son, Kimberly found the inspiration to pick up a pen, or in this case a laptop, and began writing her first novel. Since then she has continued to write and credits her husband Rob and her wonderfully crazy family, who with their love and joking demeanor provide her with the ideas that inspire her novels. In her spare time she enjoys reading, horseback riding, and spending time with her amazing family.
Kimberly Lewis’s Top Ten Books
- GUEST POST by Kimberly Lewis
1. “Infamous” by Suzanne Brockmann - This is absolutely one of my favorite books. It has everything in it: romance, heat, suspense, action, and a ghost. I love how this novel is unlike anything I’ve ever read. It’s written in the third person point of view in regards to the hero and heroine, but in the first person point of view in regards to the ghost. Sounds confusing I know but Ms. Brockmann makes it work and it makes for a very entertaining read.
2. “Cowboy Fever” by Joanne Kennedy – I adored this novel and loved the characters so much! I fell in love with Teague the minute he stepped on the page. It is such a sweet love story that has a little mystery and suspense thrown in. This was one of those books that I wished would never end.
3. “One Lucky Cowboy” by Carolyn Brown – Although I love all three books in her Lucky series I have to say that this one was my favorite. I absolutely fell in love with Slade Luckadeau. Although he’s very cold towards Jane in the beginning, and for good reason, he does have a sweet, charming and protective side that I just found very appealing. I enjoy Ms. Brown’s sassy writing style as well.
4. “All Jacked Up” by Lorelei James – Jack and Keely have quickly become one of my all time favorite couples. Jack is such an alpha male but softens when it comes to Keely. And Keely has to be one of my favorite female leads in any novel I’ve ever read. I loved how they absolutely loathed each other in the beginning and enjoyed watching their love develop throughout the novel.
5. “Rocky Mountain Heat” by Vivian Arend –Blake and Jaxi are seriously the perfect couple and are truly meant to be. This novel also had me laughing out loud at many parts. I love when an author brings humor into a love story.
6. “Hunter Moon” by Cait Lavender – I literally just finished this novel two weeks ago and it has quickly become one of my favorite books. I loved the main character Shelby. She’s unlike any other female lead I have ever read about: strong-willed, no-nonsense and knows her way around a gun.
7. “Harry Potter” by J.K. Rowling – Okay I know I didn’t list a specific one but that’s because I loved them all and can’t choose a favorite :)
8. “Love Comes Softly” by Janette Oke – I started to read this series after watching the movies on the Hallmark Channel. It’s a really great series and, on a side note, the books are WAY better than the movies.
9. “Heirs of Montana” series by Tracie Peterson – The first book in this series took me a long time to get into, but after I did I quickly fell in love with the characters and admired their strength and will- power.
10. “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton – This is one of the first novels I actually enjoyed reading for school. S.E. Hinton quickly became one of my favorite authors and I seriously read everything she had out at the time.
Well, there’s my list :-) I hope if you all check them out that you enjoy them as much as I did.